Home Page Forums Raspberry Pi Shields Airplane mode for Quectel EC25 Mini PCle 4G/LTE Module

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saeed 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dario
    Participant

This is the setup I have:

– Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
    – Raspberry Pi 3G-4G/LTE Base Shield V2
    – Quectel EC25 Mini PCle 4G/LTE Module – EC25-A
    – 2x LTE Antenna SMA

I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to put the EC25 in airplane mode, using GPIO. This simple Python script (and other variations I tried) completes correctly, but doesn’t seem to affect the module at all:

———————————————
    import RPi.GPIO as GPIO

airplaneModePin = 35 # Broadcom pin 19 (P1 pin 35)

GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD)
    GPIO.setup(airplaneModePin, GPIO.OUT)

currentState = GPIO.input(airplaneModePin)
    print(“Turning airplane mode pin “+str(airplaneModePin)+” from “+str(currentState)+” to “+str(not currentState)+”…”)
    GPIO.output(airplaneModePin, not currentState)

GPIO.cleanup() # cleanup all GPIO
    print(“Done”)
    ———————————————

Other variations I tried:
    1) Using GPIO.BCM (and pin 19)
    2) Different delays
    3) Using GPIO 23 (pin 16), based on the diagram at https://sixfab.com/updated-tutorial-3-make-a-ppp-internet-connection-with-3g-4glte-shields-on-raspberry-pi/
    4) Outputting GPIO.HIGH, waiting 2/5/10 seconds and then outputting GPIO.LOW

In all cases, the module seems to keep LTE connectivity, as if nothing happened, ifconfig ppp0 keeps showing the same IP and a browser connects normally to the web.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Saeed

The W_DISABLE control function is disabled in firmware by default. It can be enabled by AT+QCFG=”airplanecontrol”,1 command once.

Then you can continue with the process of with your script.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.