Arduino Cellular IoT Shield – LTE-M & NB-IoT & eGPRS
This is a add-on for Arduino that has combined LTE technologies Cat.M1, Cat.NB1 (NB-IoT) and eGPRS for Raspberry Pi, based on Quectel’s BG96 module. The shield has the power of new IoT phenomenon LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) with Cat.M1 and NB-IoT connection functionalities. Besides, it also provides the function of eGPRS that be enhanced version of classical GPRS.
The module on shield has GNSS (GPS, GLONASS etc.) functionality for the need of location, navigation, tracking, mapping and timing applications.
If you need built-in sensors, relay and more feature, please take a look at Arduino Cellular IoT Application Shield.
34 in stock
With the Sixfab Arduino Cellular IoT Shield, you are able to send or receive data over LTE-M and NB-IoT cellular networks without needing gateways. LTE-M (Cat M1) and NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT or Cat NB1) are both for who is looking to take advantage of Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technology. In the meantime, the 2G networks have been started to shut down in some countries.
The Quectel BG96, lies on the middle of the Arduino Cellular IoT Shield, is a series of LTE Cat M1/Cat NB1/EGPRS module offering a maximum data rate of 375Kbps downlink and uplink with worldwide coverage. This LTE add-on for Raspberry Pi also supports GNSS and GPS for the need of building location, navigation, tracking, mapping and timing applications.
At this LTE Shield for Arduino, we’ve provided an easy-to-use Arduino library for AT commands over UART connection with a bunch of tutorials enable makers, engineers, integrators and developers to easily design their applications.
- Quectel BG96 LTE Cat M1 & Cat NB1 & EGPRS Module
- Worldwide coverage
- Compatible with favorite Arduino models like UNO, Leonardo and more which have R3 Pinout.
- Supported Protocols: PPP/TCP/UDP/SSL/TLS/FTP(S)/HTTP(S)/NITZ/PING/MQTT
- Embedded GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou/Compass, Galileo, QZSS) with selectable active/passive antenna circuitry
- SMS Mode: Point-to-point MO and MT, SMS Cell Broadcast, Text and PDU Mode
- Communicate over UART or USB with AT commands and PPP connection
- Cat M1: 375Kbps (Downlink), 375Kbps (Uplink)
- Cat NB1: 32Kbps (DL), 70Kbps (UL)
- EDGE: 296Kbps (DL), 236.8Kbps (UL)
- GPRS: 107Kbps (DL), 85.6Kbps (UL)
- Asset Tracking
- Vending Machines
- Pet&Livestock Tracking
- Smart Bicycles
- Environmental Monitoring
- Waste Management
- Smoke Detectors
- Water/Gas Metering
- Tank Monitoring
- Soil Humidity Sensors
- Smart Lightning
- Sixfab Arduino Cellular IoT Shield
- LTE – GNSS Dual u.FL Antenna – 100mm
- User Manuals
- Download Quectel BG96 AT Commands Manual v2.2
- Download Quectel BG96 GNSS AT Commands Manual v1.1
- Download Quectel BG96 TCP(IP) AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel BG96 HTTP(s)AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel BG96 MQTT Application Note v1.0
- Download Quectel BG96 PPP Application Note v1.0
- Github Repository
- 3D Files**will be available soon.
Questions and answers of the customers
Q Hi All, Please you help with the following questions: The Arduino Cellular IoT Shield – LTE-M... answer nowAnswered by the admin
You can shut down the power regulator available on it in order to save power.