Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT – LTE-M & NB-IoT & eGPRS
This is a add-on for Raspberry Pi that has combined LTE technologies Cat.M1, Cat.NB1 (NB-IoT) and eGPRS for Raspberry Pi, based on Quectel’s BG96 module. The shield has the power of new IoT phenomenon LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) with Cat.M1 and NB-IoT connection functionalities. Besides, it also provides the function of eGPRS that be enhanced version of classical GPRS.
The module on shield has GNSS (GPS, GLONASS etc.) functionality for the need of location, navigation, tracking, mapping and timing applications.
If you need built-in sensors, relay and more feature, please take a look at Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT Application Shield.
104 in stock
With the Sixfab Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT you are able to send or receive data over LTE-M and NB-IoT cellular networks without needing gateways. LTE-M (Cat M1) and NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT or Cat NB1) are both for who is looking to take advantage of Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technology. In the meantime, the 2G networks have been started to shut down in some countries.
The Quectel BG96, lies on the middle of the Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT, is a series of LTE Cat M1/Cat NB1/EGPRS module offering a maximum data rate of 375Kbps downlink and uplink with worldwide coverage. This LTE add-on for Raspberry Pi also supports GNSS and GPS for the need of building location, navigation, tracking, mapping and timing applications.
At this LTE HAT for Raspberry Pi, we’ve provided an easy-to-use Python library for AT commands over UART or USB connection with a bunch of tutorials enable makers, engineers, integrators and developers to easily design their applications.
- Quectel BG96 LTE Cat M1 & Cat NB1 & EGPRS Module
- Worldwide coverage
- Fully compatible with Raspberry Pi models that have the 40-pin GPIO header (3, 2, B+, A+, Zero)
- Slots on board for Raspberry Pi display and camera cables
- Supported Protocols: PPP/TCP/UDP/SSL/TLS/FTP(S)/HTTP(S)/NITZ/PING/MQTT
- Embedded GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou/Compass, Galileo, QZSS) with selectable active/passive antenna circuitry
- SMS Mode: Point-to-point MO and MT, SMS Cell Broadcast, Text and PDU Mode
- Communicate over UART or USB with AT commands and PPP connection
- Cat M1: 375Kbps (Downlink), 375Kbps (Uplink)
- Cat NB1: 32Kbps (DL), 70Kbps (UL)
- EDGE: 296Kbps (DL), 236.8Kbps (UL)
- GPRS: 107Kbps (DL), 85.6Kbps (UL)
- Asset Tracking
- Vending Machines
- Pet&Livestock Tracking
- Smart Bicycles
- Environmental Monitoring
- Waste Management
- Smoke Detectors
- Water/Gas Metering
- Tank Monitoring
- Soil Humidity Sensors
- Smart Lightning
- Sixfab Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT
- LTE – GNSS Dual u.FL Antenna – 100mm
- Long Stackable Header – No need to solder, stack and use!
- Right Angle Micro USB Cable
- User Manuals
- Download Quectel BG96 AT Commands Manual v2.2
- Download Quectel BG96 GNSS AT Commands Manual v1.1
- Download Quectel BG96 TCP(IP) AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel BG96 HTTP(s)AT Commands Manual v1.0
- Download Quectel BG96 MQTT Application Note v1.0
- Download Quectel BG96 PPP Application Note v1.0
- Github Repository
- 3D Files*
*will be avaliable soon.
Questions and answers of the customers
Answered by the admin You can make it work if you connect the respected pins.
Q If I need to use the recent certified SW for Japanese networks how can I obtain the newest firmwa... answer nowAnswered by the admin We can help you update the firmware.
Q I will use it in Texas, US. There are several providers such as AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile s... answer nowAnswered by the admin You can contact your provider for NB-IoT SIM.
Q Could you recommend providers for NB-IoT SIM cards? This module seems to be a perfect one for my ... answer nowAnswered by the admin What is your location of use? What are the providers available in your location? You will need to contact them or check their website.
Q If I want to have another HAT above this add-on, I could use the large header and connect with US... answer nowAnswered by the admin If there are no overlapping Pins, then you can use it. You can also connect on HAT via USB and other via PINS.